In between the craziness of living and working in this city, a girl needs to take care of herself. As such, I went to get a haircut and some highlights last month.
I usually go to this salon called Danka Panka in Brooklyn. The staff is amazing and everyone there knows that they are doing with hair, which is very comforting. I’ve been going there for years and cannot speak highly enough of this place.
Back then I had long hair and got a trim and some highlights, but then I decided that I wanted a long bob type of haircut and I went for a second haircut at Aveda on the UES, just because it is closer to where I live. I really like the shorter hair now because it suits me and my lifestyle better.
If you are wondering what my hair looks like now, it looks like Sophia Bush’s hair. It is this length and the highlights look very similar, but they are more honey like since my hair is a darker brown. She is gorgeous btw.
With this new haircut, I decided that I needed to take care of my hair and style it. I’ve noticed that a lot of how good hair looks comes from keeping it healthy and styling it in a way that is flattering.
So this is what I’ve been using and loving lately.
- OGX nourishing coconut milk shampoo: This leaves my hair smelling amazing and I also keeps it hydrated. I’ve been using it for a few months now and I’ve always noticed that my hair feels so much softer and healthier ever since I started using it.
- OGX organ oil of morocco: After I shower, I put this on my hair and let it air dry. Again, this helps to keep my hair very hydrated and prevents it from frizzy when I dry my hair.
- Tresemme thermal creations heat tamer leave in spray: I usually straighten my hair every morning. It is pretty straight but it tends to get semi-curly when I don’t do anything to it. It feels more comfortable and controlled when I straighten it. I’ve been this leave in spray to protect my hair from heat for years now. It smells great and it does the job of protecting my hair.
- Aveda Control Paste: This paste has flax seed and it helps to control any frizziness that is left over after I straighten my hair. It is amazing. It keeps my hair in place without making it feel oily or heavy. It also smells amazing.
- Aveda volumizing tonic with aloe: This spray helps to volumize my hair and it smells amazing. It also is a hair tamer, prevents frizziness, and adds volume to my hair when all it wants to do is stay limp.
What are you using to take care of your hair?